1. We believe that there is one God, infinitely perfect and eternally existent in the persons of Father, Son and Holy Spirit.
(Matthew 28:19, Genesis 1:26, Mark 1:10-11)
2. We believe in the eternal deity of our Lord Jesus Christ, His appearance on earth through a virgin birth, His sinless life, His miracles, His death to take away the sins of the world through bearing the wrath of God on the cross, and restore right relationship with God, His bodily resurrection, His ascension to the right hand of the Father and His personal future return to earth in power and glory in His millennial reign. From there we believe He will establish a new Heaven and a new Earth as promised in the scriptures.
3. We believe in the present ministry of the Holy Spirit by whose indwelling the Christian is enabled to live a Godly life. We believe in the fullness of the Holy Spirit as the empowerment of the Christian for witness and service. We believe that all the gifts of the Holy Spirit are operative and necessary for the church today. (Romans 8:16, 1 Thessalonians 4:7, 2 Timothy 1:9)
4. We believe that the Bible is the Holy Spirit inspired, authoritative Word of God and that it is eternally applicable to our lives.
(2 Timothy 3:15 and 17, 1 Peter 1:23-25, Hebrews 4:12)
5. We believe that salvation is by grace, through faith in our Lord Jesus Christ. We believe that repentance toward God, faith in Jesus and regeneration by the Holy Spirit are necessary for salvation. (Ephesians 2:8-9)
6. We believe in the resurrection of both the saved and the lost: those who are saved to eternal life and those who are lost to eternal damnation. (Matthew 25:46, Titus 2:11; 3:5-7, Romans 10:13-15, Luke 24:47)
7. We believe in one universal church that is the body of Christ. We believe that Christ is its head. We believe that all who are born again are its members. We believe the church’s purpose is offering worship to God, fellowship, ministry and instruction to itself, and evangelism and service to the world. We believe in the spiritual unity of believers in our Lord Jesus Christ. (Colossians 1:17-20; 3:14-16, Matthew 28:19, 1 Corinthians 12:12-26, 1 Peter 2:9-10)
8. We believe in baptizing believers by immersion in obedience to our Lord Jesus Christ.
(Mark 1:9-11, Acts 19:4-7, Romans 6:4, Matthew 28:19)
9. We believe in the importance of the Lord’s Supper and emphasize that all believers should partake regularly with others remembering the death, burial and resurrection of our Lord, celebrating the new covenant with God and with one another, anticipating His glorious return. (Luke 22:19-20, 2 Peter 1:4, 1 Corinthians 11:25)
10. We believe in the ministry and presence of angels, the reality of the devil and demonic beings and the legitimacy and necessity for spiritual warfare over and for nations, cities, families and individuals. (Psalm 103:20, 1 Peter 5:8, Ephesians 6:12, Matthew 26:53)
11. We believe in the sanctity of life, celibacy for singles, sexual purity for all and the sacredness of marriage. We believe marriage is between one man and one woman. Transformation Church will not marry homosexual couples regardless of what state and national laws may permit. We reserve the right to deny any marriage that Transformation Church does not see fit.
(Jeremiah 1:5, 1 Corinthians 7:1-16, 1 Corinthians 6:9)
12. We believe that “God hates divorce” (Malachi 2:16) and that it is detrimental to society. We do believe, however, that divorce may be permissible where marital infidelity or abandonment has occurred.
(Matthew 19:9; 1 Corinthians 7:15)
13. We believe that Jesus Christ has called both men and women to the ministry of God’s word and power (Galatians 3:26-29). Though men and women have differing roles, women are to be encouraged and released in the ministry of the church.
14. We believe in God’s continued calling on Israel, and we accept a calling to stand with, comfort and encourage the Jewish people throughout the world. (Romans 1:16; Romans 11:11, 26)
15. We believe that when Jesus ascended He gave the gifts of apostles, prophets, evangelists, pastors and teachers to the church for the purpose of equipping the church and bringing the body of Christ into maturity (Ephesians 4:1-11) and that these ministry gifts continue today.
16. We believe that God has entrusted to His church both the message and ministry of reconciliation (2 Corinthians 5) and that we must be proactive in tearing down dividing walls based on racial, socioeconomic, or denominational background.